A dedicated umbrella body for Criminal Record Checks (CRBs) throughout the United Kingdom

Disclosure Checks are available through First Standard Limited, which is recognized as an Umbrella Body with Access NI.

Information for Employers

There are two types of Disclosure available to employers who have the right to use CRB checks as part of their recruitment and risk assessment procedures.

Applications for Standard and Enhanced Disclosures can now be made online (Guidance Notes are available here: e-submissions for Disclosure through Access NI)

Once the application has been completed, please forward the PIN Notification and ID Validation Form to First Standard and confirm the position applied for so that we may submit the application to Access NI for processing.

First Standard will track the application and advise you once the Disclosure Certificate has been issued.  You will need to ask the Applicant to show their Certificate to you.

First Standard provides a full support service to employers, the cost of which depends on the level of support required.  Complete our Registration Document to receive details of our services.

Information for Candidates requiring a Disclosure check

If your employer has asked you to obtain a Disclosure check it will be because the position for which you are applying falls within those professions or occupations where the law requires you to have one.  You will need to check with them the level of Disclosure required (Enhanced or Standard).  Should you have a criminal record, this will not necessarily bar you from employment, although it may affect the areas in which you may work.

Apply for either a Standard or Enhanced Disclosure in 4 easy steps:

  1. Click here to Create an Account with Access NI (there is no charge) and follow the instructions.
  2. Download the Guidance notes: e-submissions for Disclosure through Access NI notes and take a note of the PIN Number 905853 
  3. Complete the relevant application form
  4. Download the PIN Notification and ID Validation Form.  Take it, with your ID documents to your employer for him/her to complete.  Your employer will complete Section A and will then send it to First Standard for processing.

You will receive your Disclosure Certificate, which you should show to your employer as soon as possible